Sunday, April 5, 2009

Getting a new horse!

Well, A few weeks ago i saw an ad for a 15y/o QH mare that was free to a good home. The catch? You can't get near her! haha So a went out to see her, and i think she has potential. I will be picking her up on Tuesday! I am very excited to see how quickly she picks up on training. The owner said that the person SHE got her from said that "Kenya" used to be a child's riding horse... so we will see! I will post pics and keep updates on her progress. I am really excited to have a new challenge!



On another GREAT note! I was able to help out the lovely lady that runs the N.Cali chapter of http://canterusa.org/california/ They turned out a 3y/o filly into a 5acre pasture and then couldn't catch her. She was being a very stuborn lil filly! So i offered my time this weekend and was able to consistently catch and handle this filly, then show the lady my methods for catching her. It was a very fun experience, and i hope to help them with training in the future as well! Check out the website, the filly is ADORABLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment